Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Morning Rituals


After a good night's sleep, starting the day on the right foot really sets the tone for the rest of the day. I have a number of simple tactics that have worked wonderfully for me that I would like to share. After a shower, I eat some fruit, including at least half of an apple on an empty stomach. Apples are both naturally stimulating and cleansing to the system. Then, I meditate for 15 minutes, visualizing how I’d like the day to go and making my intentions known. Stretching with some yoga poses like Salutations to the Sun and the Bridge helps to restore some suppleness to my body and mind. Then, I finish everything off with dancing freely to my favorite music. By the time I walk out the door, I am ready to take on the world! Whoo-ee!

No comments: