Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Sixth Sense














My friend Victoria and I went to a talk on "Practical Intuition" given by Laura Day recently and I was really amazed to find how much we rely on our 6th sense, without even knowing that we do. Our antenna picks up information all the time, most often in fragments and pieces here and there. We were asked to "read" someone we didn't know and just go with whatever thoughts and visions came to us. I couldn't help but laugh when my reader picked up on practically everything that I was thinking about at the time.

So what does this mean? So much of our knowledge is gained in ways that can't be seen/heard/tasted/touched/smelled. And yet, it is there just as powerful and telling. It's the part that tells us to wear a certain color or to walk in a certain direction. It can help us avoid pitfalls and take us out of trouble as well as lead us to happy surprises. It is most often accessed through ease rather than effort. The really great thing is that it is always there, for everyone all the time. All we have to do is trust it.

No comments: