Friday, July 11, 2008

The Non-Seeking Non-Grasping Mind


These past few weeks have taught me how life is effortless when one calls off the search. I am talking about the search for things that we think will make us happy - power, fame, money, relationships, or even enlightenment. I realize that I am at my best when I am not looking for anything or striving to get anywhere. Life flows and things come to me naturally and in surprising ways. For example, I was an Amma's Devi Bhava last night and knew my friends Lillian and Norris were there in the midst of the crowd. The more I searched, the more frustrated I got. I decided to forget about it and within minutes they were standing right in front of me.

While I do believe in sowing seeds and visualizing goals, the rest is divinely orchestrated. God's hand is in everything and how exciting it is to see it at work. No struggle on our part. Things just happen. Our only job is to be present in the moment and at peace.

No comments: