Monday, January 12, 2009

Adventuring the New and Uncharted

Is there anything more refreshing than trying something new? I try to make a point of doing so everyday, just for the sake of it. Whether it's walking down a different street or fixing something new for dinner, there is a feeling of expansion and growth. Especially in my painting, do I feel the need to try something out of the ordinary each time I make a new piece, just to extend my range of possibilities. I am happy to say that it enlivens me because it puts me in a open and beginner's mind-state again. Once I feel like I'm locked in repetition in any aspect of my life, I'll shake up the apple cart. Lately, I've wanted to try out new identities. My alter-ego right now is Huck Finn, who flows down the Mississippi River as innocent and purely instinctive. For him and myself, life truly is an everchanging adventure.

No comments: